Patty all night
Where to raise a pint and say sláinte
By Dana Unger email@example.com
Whether you’re Irish or just wish that you were, there are plenty of St. Patrick’s Day festivities on Tuesday, March 17.
• The Amber Room (53 High St., Nashua, 881-9060) will hold a pre-St. Patrick’s Day weekend blowout on Friday, March 13, and Saturday, March 14. DJs Jonny Shamrock, Rick McNaples and O’Danny D will be spinning tunes, and on Friday anyone wearing green gets in free before 11 p.m..
• The Black Brimmer (1087 Elm St., Manchester, 669-5523) will feature an all-day St. Patty’s music fest featuring the U2 tribute group Zootopia.
• Get your fix of traditional fare and live music at The Derryfield Restaurant (625 Mammoth Road, Manchester, 623-2880). They’ll be serving corned beef and cabbage all day and will feature a live performance from Hot Tamales from 1 to 4 p.m., and Triple Tantrum from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
• There will be an all-day St. Patrick’s Day Party at The Element Lounge (1055 Elm St., Manchester, 627-2922) starting at 10 a.m. Specials, givaways, and plenty of corned beef and cabbage all day.
• The Flambeaux (1181 Elm St., Manchester, 626-0304) will host a St. Patrick’s Day after-Motley-Crue-show-party on St. Patrick’s Day. The party will immediately follow the concert, which starts at 6:30 p.m. at the Verizon Wireless Arena, and will feature live music.
• At Holiday’s Bar & Grill (346 Hooksett Road in Auburn, 483-0880) it’s corned beef and all the fixings for $12.99 all day with Irish music starting at 4 p.m.
• Rock 101’s “Greg and the Morning Buzz” will broadcast live on St. Patrick’s Day from Jillian’s starting at 5 a.m., 50 Phillipe Cote St., in Manchester. There will also be a breakfast buffet, giveaways and live music from Chafed and First Shot. Call 626-7636.
• Get your Irish pride on at J.W. Hill’s (795 Elm St., Manchester, 645-7422). The evening will feature a Michael Collins promotion with drink specials and giveaways starting at 7 p.m., and draft and bottle specials during the Celtics game at 8:30 p.m.
• The Black Pudding Rovers with Irish tenor Kathy Murby will play at Moe Joe’s (2175 Candia Road, Manchester, 668-0131). The restaurant will offer a St. Patty’s corned beef and cabbage dinner.
• Festivities kick off at 6 a.m. at Murphy’s Taproom (494 Elm St., Manchester, 644-3535) with an Irish breakfast buffet; there’s live Irish music from 11 a.m. to midnight, with no cover charge.
• Milford’s Pasta Loft (241 Union Square, 672-2270) will have $3 Murphy’s Irish Stout, $2 green beer, and a corned beef and cabbage dinner for $9.95, as well as free giveaways. Their Hampstead location (220 East Main St., 378-0092) will have live music from Two By Two, and free giveaways starting at 7 p.m.
• The Peddler’s Daughter (48 Main St., Nashua, 821-7535) will have live Irish music from Revels Glen, Pop Farmers and Cuchalainn all day, starting at 11 a.m.
• The Shaskeen (909 Elm St., Manchester, 625-0246) will open at 7 a.m. for an Irish breakfast and will have live music from Tommy & Louise McCarthy, The Spain Brothers, Peter Malloy, and The Swinging Johnsons from noon to close.
• Strange Brew (88 Market St., Manchester, 666-4292) opens at 9 a.m. and will do an Irish breakfast of bangers and eggs, and a corned beef and cabbage lunch with a special Guinness stew. All drafts are $2 until closing time, and single liquors are $3. Music starts with Andy Happeo at 9 a.m., David Rousseau at noon, Jim Houghton at 3 p.m. and the Strange Brew All-Stars the rest of the night.
• Get your eye-opener at The Wild Rover (21 Kosciuszko St., Manchester, 669-7722). They’ll open at 5 a.m. and start serving the drinks at 6 a.m. Irish breakfast until 11 a.m., and live music from Kevin Dolan & Friends and the NH Professional Fire Fighters Pipes & Drums Band.
• The Irish band Yoke Shire will play at The Yard (1211 South Mammoth Road, Manchester, 623-3545) starting at 6:30 p.m., and the restaurant will feature a St. Patty’s lunch and dinner buffet.
• Get lucky at Brewery Lane (95 Brewery Lane, Portsmouth, 433-7007). They’ll have plenty of Irish food and a Budweiser beer promotion with free necklaces, T-shirts and more.
• If you can’t get out for St. Patrick’s Day, Kelley’s Row (421 Central Ave, Dover, 750-7081) will host a Pre-St. Patrick’s Day Party on Sunday, March 15, at noon, featuring traditional Irish food and performances by Oran Mor, the Murray Irish Step Dancers and more. On Monday, March 16, they’ll host a traditional Irish jam session at 7 p.m., with 20 percent off all Irish food and drink. St. Patrick’s Day will feature live performances by Oran Mor, Pete Finkle, Dave Surette and traditional pipers and drummers, starting at 12:30 p.m. Irish fare will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• On St. Patty’s Day, The Press Room (77 Daniel St., Portsmouth, 431-5186) will open at 11:30 a.m. and will feature live music from Bob Abrams & Friends and the Great Bay Company all day.