Party into next year
Where to have a ball on New Year’s Eve
By Erica Febre email@example.com
The Granite State will be celebrating New Year’s Eve with a variety of entertaining events, from Cabaret shows to bluegrass jams.
• Slammer’s Sports Bar and Billiard, located at 547 Donald St., will feature classic rock covers by Morse Code for the New Year’s Eve Celebration. Morse Code will be rocking at Slammers for the entire weekend starting on Friday, Dec. 29 and up to Sunday, Dec. 31 for New Year’s Eve. For more information, call Slammers at 668-2120.
• Bring in the new year country style with the Big Bear Lodge’s New Year’s Eve country dance party featuring country musicians Angela West and Showdown. A Chinese buffet will be provided by the Kun Garden.
Shuttle services will be available and a midnight champagne toast will be provided. Tickets cost $45. To make reservations, call 672-7675 or go to www.bigbearlodgenh.com.
• The Capitol Grille, 1 Eagle Sq., and 105.5 WJYY will be hosting their fourth annual New Year’s Eve party. The party will feature two DJs along with an acoustic guitarist to kick off the evening.
The Capitol Grille atrium will also be open. This event is open to the public. Tickets cost $10. For more information, call 228-6608.
• The Barley Pub, 328 Central Ave. will host a New Year’s Eve bluegrass party featuring Elsa Cross and members of the bands High Range and Mill City Ramblers jamming together. The cover charge for the evening is $7. For more information, call 742-4226.
• The Dover Brick House, 2 Orchard St. is hosting a New Year’s Eve party featuring Duty Free, The Soupbone Throne and Soak. Admission for the evening is $5 and includes the three bands and a free glass of champagne for the midnight toast.
There will also be a bus available to shuttle people from the greater Manchester area. The bus will leave the Macy’s parking lot, located at S. River Rd. in Bedford, at 7 p.m.
Tickets can be purchased in advance by visiting any of the band’s Web sites. (Soupbone Throne-myspace.com/thesoupbonethrone; Soak-www.soakmusic.com; Duty Free- www.dutyfreejams.biz)
• Tupelo Music Hall, 2 Young Rd., will be featuring a New Year’s Eve performance by Vance Gilbert. Tickets for the night also include a dinner buffet.
Gilbert is an acoustic guitarist with a variety of classical cover tunes as well as his own originals. Tickets cost $75 and all seating is reserved. To order tickets, go to www.tupelohall.com or call 437-5100.
• Whippersnappers, in the Londonderry Commons on Route 102, will feature Mama Kicks, New Hampshire’s favorite classic rock cover band. The cover for the evening is $30 and the show starts at 9 p.m. For more information, call Whippersnappers at 434-2660.
• The Black Brimmer, 1087 Elm St., is hosting a New Year’s Eve party with live music by Last Laugh. There will also be a special New Year’s Eve menu. Additional parking is available on Lowell Street. For more information, call the Brimmer at 669-5523.
• Club 313, 23 S. Amherst St., will be bringing in the southern hospitality for New Year’s Eve with DJ Evolution flying in from Illinois to spin the hottest progressive and hard house music.
DJ Biggie of the Drama Squad will also be taking over the DJ tables at Club 313 throughout the evening. For more information, call 628-6813.
• Jillian’s Billiard, 50 Phillipe Cote St., will feature live music by the Chad LaMarsh Band. The night will include a midnight champagne toast as well as a balloon drop. For more information, call Jillian’s at 626-7636.
• Milly’s Tavern, 500 Commercial St., will be bringing in the new year with a gala event celebrating the opening of their new expansion, Bo’s Riverside, located at the rear of Milly’s.
DJ Spinelli will be spinning top 40 dance music in Bo’s Riverside while the band Lifted, a hip-hop act from New York, will be performing a New Year’s Eve show in Milly’s.
• The Shaskeen, 909 Elm St., will celebrate New Year’s Eve with two sessions of traditional Irish music. For more information, call The Shaskeen at 625-0246.
• Wally and Bernies, 20 Granite St., will be holding a New Year’s Eve bash with resident DJ Bobby G. Tickets cost $10 and can be purchased in advance at WB’s. For more information, call 641-2583.
• The Yard Restaurant, 1211 S. Mammoth Rd, is hosting a New Year’s Eve party featuring The Souled Out Show Band with their top 40 classic rock covers. Call The Yard at 623-3545 for more information.
• The Boston Billiard Club, 55 Northeastern Blvd., is hosting a New Year’s Eve dance party featuring DJ Morpheus and DJ Roberto spinning top 40 dance music and hip-hop, r&b, reggae and reggaeton. For more information, call 595-2121.
• Cabaret De Boheme will be kicking up the New Year’s celebration at Fody’s Tavern, 9 Clinton St., for the third year. The night will include a full gourmet dinner, dancing, a champagne toast at midnight and what is said to be the best performance of the year by Cabaret De Boheme.
Tickets for the Cabaret New Year’s Eve show cost $75 and can be purchased in advance by calling Fody’s Tavern at 577-9015.
• Laugh your way into the new year with a New Year’s Eve comedy special featuring professional comedian and Salem native Jean-Marc Cormier at the Elks Club, 39 Shadow Lake Rd. Joe Carroll will headline the show featuring Dave Rattigan. Three local favorites will join them: including Jim LaPrel of Haverhill, Mass.; Kyle Crawford of Plaistow; and Jim Zingarelli of Amesbury, Mass. The show is open to the public. Tickets cost $20 and can be purchased at the door. For more information, call 898-7941.