Mother’s Day meals
Make your reservations a.s.a.p.
By Linda A. Thompson-Odum firstname.lastname@example.org
Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 9, and many restaurants offer special brunch buffets as well as special brunch and dinner menus. Reservations are, of course, key. Here is what some area restaurants are doing to treat mom right; see their websites for more details on menus:
• 900 Degrees, 50 Dow St., Manchester, 641-0900, www.900degrees.com, will serve a brunch buffet from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. It will include the restaurant’s signature pizzas and, for the first time, breakfast pizzas.
• Bedford Village Inn, 2 Olde Bedford Way, Bedford, 472-2001, www.bedfordvillageinn.com, has brunch and dinner options for Mom. In the Great Hall will be the brunch buffet with cold items such as citrus poached shrimp with Bloody Mary cocktail sauce, and hot dishes like cheese blintz topped with a warm peach compote, plus carving stations, omelets to order and a dessert buffet. (Buffet cost is $39 per adult, $19.95 per child 4 to 10 years old.) The dining room will serve a three-course fixed-price menu from noon to 5:30 p.m. The meal will feature appetizers such as Maine Jonah crab cakes and oysters of the half shell; entrées such as pan-seared New Bedford sea scallops, Misty Knoll Farms chicken breast, and artichoke and goat cheese manicotti; with dessert features of strawberry crème brulé, blueberry tart, and chocolate profiterole with mixed berries and vanilla Bavarian cream. (Dinner cost is $39 per adult, $19.95 per child 4 to 10 years old.) The Tavern will also be open with a special menu.
• A Caribbean Affair, 915 Elm St., Manchester, 792-9770, acaribbeanaffair.com, will offer Mother’s Day hours — noon to 8 p.m.
• Colby Hill Inn, 3 The Oaks, Henniker, 428-3281, www.colbyhillinn.com, will offer a fixed-price dinner from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m. The menu will feature items such as pan-seared lump crab cakes, pan-roasted Atlantic salmon with salmon caviar, vanilla-infused grilled pork chop, and cumin-dusted New Zealand rack of lamb. The cost is $39.99 per person, half price for children 12 and under. Call for reservations since this is one of the inn’s busiest days of the year.
• Cotton, 75 Arms St., Manchester, 622-5488, cottonfood.com, will have special Mother’s Day hours: noon to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
• Country Tavern Restaurant and Pub, 452 Amherst St., Nashua, 889-5871, www.countrytavern.org, will serve a brunch buffet from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will be a carving station with ham, lamb, pork and turkey. Omelets will be made to order, and there will be the traditional breakfast items and luncheon items as well. The buffet includes coffee and orange juice. The cost is $19.95 for adults and $12.95 for children under 10.
• C. R. Sparks, 18 Kilton Road, Bedford, 647-7275 ext. 112 for reservations, offers a special three-course dinner menu from noon to 6 p.m. with a choice of appetizer, entrée and dessert (about six choices for each). Pricing will vary between $26 and $39 depending on entrée choice, and a children’s menu will be available. Call for reservations. The Event Center at C. R. Sparks will hold a brunch buffet from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The cost is $30.95 for adults, $22.95 for seniors, $15.95 for children 5 to 12 years old, and free for kids under 5. Call 666-5880 ext. 112 for reservations.
• Damian’s on the River, 737 River Road, New Boston, 497-8888, will offer a special Mother’s Day menu from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Some of the entrée highlights are veal Marsala, chicken and pasta alfredo, panko-crusted Maryland crab cakes with tomato basil sauce, and baked haddock with lobster stuffing.
• The Derryfield, 625 Mammoth Road, Manchester, 623-2880, www.thederryfield.com, will serve a Mother’s Day buffet from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. There will be omelet, waffle, bread, salad, dessert and carving stations as well as a hot line of traditional (corned beef hash, French toast, scrambled eggs) and non-traditional items (seafood Newburg, seafood paella, beef peppercorn.) The cost is $22.95 for adults, $18.95 for seniors over 65, and $15.95 for kids 2 to 12 years old.
• Fratello’s, 155 Dow St., Manchester, 624-2022, www.fratellos.com/Manchester, will have a brunch buffet with two seatings, at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. There will be omelet, waffle and carving stations as well as traditional menu items, including prime rib and roasted turkey. The cost is $24.95 for adults, $14.95 for children 6 to 12 years old, and free for kids under 5. Call 641-6776 for brunch reservations. The restaurant will serve dinner from a special holiday menu by reservation only with seatings at noon, 2:30, and 5 p.m.
• Gauchos Brazilian Steakhouse, 62 Lowell St., Manchester, 669-9460, gauchosbraziliansteakhouse.com, will open at 2 p.m. on Sunday. The steakhouse’s standard menu is buffet-like: after a trip to the salad bar, sides and a continuing supply of slow-cooked meats will come by your table. The cost is $27.45 for adults and $10.95 for children 10 and under. (not including drinks or desserts)
• Giorgio’s Ristorante & Meze Bar, 524 Nashua St. in Milford, 673-3939, giorgios.com, will offer a brunch with American and Greek dishes (spanikopeta, locanico and baklava are on the menu with other brunch favorites) as well as carving, omelet and pancake stations. Brunch will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The cost is $25.99 for adults, $10.99 for children.
• Granite Restaurant at the Centennial, 96 Pleasant St., Concord, 227-9000, www.graniterestaurant.com, will have special eats for mom including waffle and carving stations. Seatings are scheduled for 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
• The Hanover Street Chophouse, 149 Hanover St., Manchester, 644-2467, www.hanoverstreetchophouse.com, will have some spring dishes and the regular menu available for dinner. Prices start at $22 and seating begins at 1 p.m.
• The Holy Grail Pub, 64 Main St., Epping, 679-9559, www.theholygrailpub.com, will hold a Mothert’s Day brunch featuring a selection of breakfast and dinner iteams as well as a carving station and assorted breads and pastries.
• Inn at Danbury, 67 NH Route 104, Danbury, 768-3318, www.innatdanbury.com, will be serving for Mother’s Day from noon to 5 p.m. Treat Mom to a Spring Special $35 dinner for two, which features a shared appetizer, two entrees and a shared dessert, or one of Chef Bob Graf’s newest creations.
• The Peddler’s Daughter, 48 Main St., Nashua, 821-7535, www.thepeddlersdaughter.com, will serve Sunday brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The menu will feature house-made brown bread, muffins and Danish, cold salads, a carving and omelet station, a hot station with cheddar cheese frittata, waffles, corned beef hash, and country-fried chicken with sausage gravy, and a dessert table. The cost is $17.95 for adults, $6.50 for kids 4 to 10 years old, and free for children younger than 4.
• The Red Blazer, 72 Manchester St., Concord, 224-4101, www.theredblazer.com, offers two ways to enjoy Mother’s Day. First is a breakfast buffet from 7:30 to 11 a.m. that features all the favorites — omelets, egg lasagna, eggs benedict, stuffed biscuits, French toast, pancakes and a dessert station. The cost is $10.99 for adults and $6.99 for children. Second is the dinner buffet from 12:15 to 3:15 p.m. It will feature a prime rib carving station, baked seafood Newburg, baked stuffed chicken breast with a cranberry-orange relish, four-cheese stuffed shells, a salad bar and a dessert station. The cost is $19.99 for adults and $9.99 for children.
• Saffron Bistro, 80 Main St., Nashua, 883-2100, thesaffronbistro.com, will offer the regular menu as well as specials for Mother’s Day from 1:30 to 8 p.m.
• Tenderloin Room at the Chateau, 201 Hanover St. , Manchester, 627-2677, will be open from 3 to 7 p.m. on Mother’s Day. The Chateau will have a special Mother’s Day buffet starting at 9:30 a.m. with a last seating at 12:30 p.m. The buffett will feature omelet and pasta stations and more and cost $12.95 for adults and $8.95 for children under 10.
• Vintner’s Cellar Winery, 410 S. River Road, Suite 7, Bedford, 627-9463, will join forces with chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations to create a Mother’s Day brunch from noon to 2 p.m. Guests receive a champagne-infused fruit wine served with mini filo tarts filled with mascarpone cheese and herbs topped with shrimp. Next is a shrimp and crab bisque, chicken Waldorf salad, sirloin steak slices served over potato pancakes, baked brie with mandarin orange chutney, and tiramisu for dessert. Each dish will be paired with a different wine. The cost is $55 per person. Reservations are required with a $20 deposit per person.
• The Way We Cook, 1361 Elm St., Manchester, 625-5454, will open for Mother’s Day from noon to 5 p.m.
• The Yard Seafood and Steakhouse, 1211 S. Mammoth Road, Manchester, 623-3545, www.theyardrestaurant.com: Mother’s Day brunch will be served from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., with seatings on the hour for parties up to six, and every two hours for parties of seven or more. The menu features traditional breakfast fare as well as dinner items such as seafood Newburg, rosemary chicken, and barbecue kielbasa, plus roast beef, turkey, lamb and ham carving stations. The cost is $19.95 for adults and $9.95 for kids under 10. Children under 3 eat free. Reservations are required.
• Z Food & Drink, 880 Elm St. in Manchester, 629-9383, www.zfoodanddrink.com, will hold brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and dinner from 3 to 8 p.m.
• Zorvino Vineyards, 226 Main St, Sandown, 887-8463, www.zorvino.com, will have a Mother’s Day brunch buffet with seatings at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., noon and 1 p.m. There will be an array of foods such as crudités, salad station, omelet station, entree station, desserts and beverages. A cash bar will be open as well for mimosas, Bloody Marys or other cocktails. The cost is $35 for adults, $16 for ages 4 to 12, and free for kids 3 and under. Reservations are required.