Intown has new downtown designs
By Heidi Masek firstname.lastname@example.org
• New look: “Downtown’s Got It!” is the theme for Intown Manchester’s 2010 Street Banner Program, a phrase from the Shoppes of Historic Downtown group, according to an Intown press release. Intown Project Specialist Jessica Gustafson created a design that plays on “Pop Art” caricatures, featuring downtown Manchester scenes. Intown is seeking sponsors for the banners, which hang on Elm, Hanover and Commercial streets — funds support Intown projects like downtown beautification. Call 645-6285 or see www.intownmanchester.com for more information.
• Valentines: The Currier Museum of Art offers “The Love Tour” through its galleries Sunday, Feb. 14, at 1 and 3:30 p.m. A concert of Brahms and Rachmaninoff is at 2 p.m. ($10 extra, tickets required) at the Manchester museum at 150 Ash St. (currier.org, 669-6144).
• Woods and Lakes: Randa Dubnick displays paintings and photo sources in her exhibit “Woods and Lakes” at the UNH Center for Graduate & Professional Studies, 286 Commercial St. in Manchester (641-4313, www.unhmgrad.unh). “I value the photos for their own sake, so I show them as well. They have been digitally edited and posterized (a digital process that simplifies and emphasizes shapes and colors),” Dubnick stated in a release from UNH. Meet Dubnick at a reception Wednesday, Feb. 17, from 4:30 to 6 p.m. on the fourth floor.
• More caring: The New Hampshire Department of Cultural Resources’ “Culture Cares” Web page is being continued through 2010. New Hampshire’s cultural organizations can promote their community service efforts (some of which include offering free admission) on the page. Visit www.nh.gov/nhculture and click on “Culture Cares” to learn more.
• Marketing yourself: Sharon Arts Center is hosting a “Professional Advancement Series for Artists,” which essentially focuses on how artists can improve their communication with buyers, gallery owners, curators, press and academics, according to a Sharon Arts press release. Workshops include “Utilizing Your Web Presence” on March 3; “Artists Statements in Action” on March 17 and “Artists’ Books” on March 31. Call 924-7256 or e-mail email@example.com to register.
• For photogs: NYC fashion photographer Simon Gerzina holds a weekend workshop for beginning to intermediate studio photographers at Ceaser Photography Studio in Nashua on Saturday, Feb. 20, and Sunday, Feb. 21. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, call 821-3812 or visit www.simongerzina.com/workshop_index.html.
The New Hampshire Professional Photographers Association holds its winter seminar Saturday, Feb. 20, at the Chateau Restaurant in Manchester. Register by Feb. 12 at www.nhppa.com or call 483-2314.