Photography around the region
By Heidi Masek firstname.lastname@example.org
• At A&E: Jennifer Levin, a regular A&E Coffee Roastery and Tea customer, exhibits her photography of birds at A&E in December. “I appreciate the way light and patterns can make the mundane become remarkable,” Levin stated in a release regarding her subjects. A&E is at 135 Route 101A in Amherst (578-3338).
• At the Wine Studio: David Ward, originally of the U.K., exhibits his photography in December at the Wine Studio, 53 Hooksett Road in Manchester (622-9463, www.thewinestudionh.com). Meet him and taste wine at a reception Thursday, Dec. 10, from 6 to 8 p.m.
• At Massabesic: Winning photos from the third annual Wild New Hampshire photography contest are at the Massabesic Audubon Center, 26 Audubon Way, Auburn, this December (668-2045, www.newhampshireaudubon.org). A silent auction closes with an event Saturday, Dec. 12, from 2 to 4 p.m. Proceeds benefit New Hampshie Audubon.
• Currier goings on: The monthly Family Saturday at the Currier Museum of Art Dec. 12, from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., features “Making Multiples,” at 150 Ash St., Manchester (www.currier.org, 669-6144). Manchester Choral Society singers sing holiday carols in the galleries from noon to 2 p.m. And from 1 to 3 p.m., in the Community Gallery, the Currier closes this year’s 70th Anniversary Celebration of the Currier Art Center with a Center faculty exhibit. A percentage of sales go to the Center’s scholarship fund. The topic for this month’s Currier New Parent Gallery Talk is “Brett Weston – Out of the Shadow,” Thursday, Dec. 17, from 11 a.m. to noon.
• Snow shots: Silver Hills Studio of Goffstown holds a Winter Digital Photo Class on capturing snow on camera Saturday, Dec. 12, from 9 a.m. to noon. The fee is $30; visit www.silverhillsstudio.com or call 497-4674.