After candy, brunch and dinner
Local restaurants offer a cooking-free way to celebrate Easter
By Linda A. Thompson-Odum firstname.lastname@example.org
Though the kids might be looking forward to chocolate bunnies and marshmallowy Peeps, Easter is also a great day for real food — specifically brunch and dinner.
Many area restaurants are offering special menus for brunches or dinners, often with fixed prices for adults and children so you know what you’re getting into before you head out this Sunday, April 12. You might also check with your favorite Sunday brunch locations, as many of them don’t have special menus but might be extra busy or have different hours. Here are a few of the places worth brushing off the plastic grass and putting on your Sunday best for:
• The Bedford Village Inn, 2 Olde Bedford Way in Bedford has two options for Easter dinner. In the Great Hall will be the grand buffet brunch, which begins at 9:30 a.m. The buffet features an array of pastries and fruits, salmon, vegetables, salads and pastas. Also on the menu are two chef-attended stations with carved meats, omelettes made to order, waffle irons, and a European chocolate fountain surrounded by fresh baked goodies. The cost for the buffet is $39 for adults and $20 for children 10 and younger. The dining room will feature a four-course prix fixe menu from 1 to 6:30 p.m., with dishes such as citrus poached shrimp salad, New Hampshire maple sugar cured baked ham, grilled Vermont chicken breast, and milk chocolate cheesecake. The cost is $49 for adults and $25.95 for children 10 and younger. To make reservations, call 472-2001. Both complete menus are available at www.bedfordvillageinn.com.
• The Black Orchid Grille, 8 Temple St. in Nashua, 577-8910, www.blackorchidgrille.com, is offering an a la carte Easter brunch from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call for reservations.
• The Common Man, 25 Water St. in Concord, 228-3463, will offer a grand Easter buffet from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost is $22.95 for adults; $9.99 for children under 12. The buffet will include appetizers (such as spanikopita, deviled eggs and fried raviolis), entrees (ham, stuffed sole, salmon, sliced beef, chicken Florentine and roasted pork loin), children’s favorites (macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets and tater tots), sides (breads, vegetables, fruit salad and more) and a chocolate fountain.
The Common Man restaurant in Merrimack (304 DW Highway in Merrimack, 429-3463) will serve from its dinner menu with Easter specials from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Specials in Merrimack will include brown sugar ham, rosemary roasted lamb, chargrilled salmon and slow roasted prime rib and, for dessert, carrot cake.
The Common Man in Windham (88 Range Road in Windham, 898-0088) will offer its dinner menus with Easter specials from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Specials in Windham will include seafood bouillabaisse, Granny Smith apple cornbread stuffed with pork loin, herb-encrusted lamb rack and baked ham and, for dessert, chocolate bread puddings.
The company’s two diners — Airport Diner (2280 Brown Ave. in Manchester, 623-5040) and the Tilt’n Diner (61 Laconia Road in Tilton, 286-2204) will start serving from their regular dinner menu at 11 a.m. with Easter specials of ham dinner and roast leg of lamb.
• Cotton, 75 Arms St. in Manchester, 622-5488, www.cottonfood.com, is open from noon to 5 p.m. and will offer their regular dinner menu as well as some specials including a roast leg of lamb and a beef tenderloin.
• Country Tavern Restaurant & Pub, 452 Amherst St. in Nashua, 889-5871, www.countrytavern.org, will offer an Easter brunch buffet from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for $19.95 per person. Call for reservations.
• C. R. Sparks, 18 Kilton Road in Bedford, will offer a special three-course Easter menu. The cost range is $25 to $37 for adults and $10 to $14 for children ages 5 to 12. Call 647-7275 for reservations, which begin at noon.
The Events Center at C.R. Sparks, 18 Kilton Road in Bedford, will hold a grand buffet brunch from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The cost is $28.95 for adults and $15.95 for children ages 5 to 12. Call 666-5880 for reservations.
• Damian’s on the River, 737 River Road in New Boston, 497-8888, www.damiansotr.com, will serve an Easter dinner from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The menu features a choice of starters, soups, salads and main courses. The meal is priced according to courses — a two-course meal costs $28.88, a three-course meal costs $35.88 and a four-course meal costs $42.88. See the Web site for a complete menu. Call to reserve a seating time (seatings are limited).
• The Derryfield, 625 Mammoth Road in Manchester, 623-2880, www.derryfieldrestaurant.com, will offer an Easter buffet from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. featuring omelet, waffle and carving stations and desserts. The meal costs $21.95 for adults, $17.95 for seniors 65 and over, and $14.95 for children under 12. Call for reservations.
• Fratello’s, 155 Dow St. in Manchester, 624-2022, www.fratellos.com, will hold an Easter buffet brunch which is currently sold out. But, fear not Fratellos fans, the restaurant will also serve a holiday dinner menu in the dining room with reservations at 12, 2:30 and 5 p.m. and walk seatings available from 5 to 7 p.m.
• Giorgio’s Ristorante & Meze Bar, 524 Nashua St. in Milford, 673-3939, www.giorgios.com, is offering a “American and Greek-inspired Easter brunch) from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The meal costs $25.99 for adults; $10.99 for children 12 and under. The menu include hot dishes (such as crab cakes with white bean lemon aioli, spanikopita, locanico, rustic grilled ratatouille and mini quiche), fresh salads (such as pasta, fruit, Waldorf and Greek romaine salad), carved meats (such as Pitt ham with maple dijon sauce, grilled leg of lamb with Tzatziki, smoked salmon and roast beef), an omelet station, a pancake station, a chocolate fountain and a dessert buffet. Call for reservations.
• The Granite Restaurant at the Centennial, 96 Pleasant St. in Concord, 227-9000, www.graniterestaurant.com, will offer Easter specials at its Sunday brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m and dinner from 5 to 8 p.m. Specials will include egg dishes and lamb dishes. Call for reservations (which are recommended).
• The Hanover Street Chophouse, 149 Hanover St. in Manchester, www.hanoverstreetchophouse.com, will serve Easter specials in addition to their regular menu. Those special items include sugar-cured Kurobuta ham, a duet of lamb, and swordfish with lemon-thyme vinaigrette. The restaurant will open at noon and serve dinner until 6 p.m. Call 644-2467 for reservations.
• Holy Grail Food and Spirits, 64 Main St. in Epping, will have a brunch buffet from 10 a.m. until the kitchen closes. On the menu will be a wide range of breakfast items as well as some of the restaurant’s signature dinner dishes. Reservations are suggested. Call 679-9559.
• The Inn at Danbury, 67 NH Route 104 in Danbury will serve brunch from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., and Easter dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. The cost starts at $12 for adults and $9 for the kids menu. Call 768-3318 for reservations. The menu will be posted soon at www.innatdanbury.com.
• Moe Joe Country Diner, 649 E. Industrial Park Drive in Manchester, 668-0131, eatatmoejoe.com, is offering a buffet from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. The spread will include ham, bacon, sausages (including Portugues Linguica), Portuguese French toast, quiches, pancakes, home fries, baked beans and more. Call for reservations for parties of six or more. The cost is $12.95 for adults, $9.95 for children under 12 and free for children under 3.
• Nonni’s at the Holiday Inn, 172 N. Main St. in Concord, 224-0400, www.nonnisitalianeatery.com/concord-home.html, is offering two seatings for Easter Sunday brunch — a 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. The meal costs $19.95 per person; $10.95 children under 12.
• The Peddler’s Daughter, 48 Main St. in Nashua will serve a brunch buffet from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Some of the featured items include a carving station with a roasted rosemary leg of lamb, an omelet station, a bakery table, and dishes such as smoked salmon and cold salads, plus all the normal breakfast fare. The cost is $17.95 for adults, $6.50 for kids under 10, and free for kids under 4. Reservations are preferred and can be made by calling 821-7535.
• The Red Blazer Restaurant and Pub, 72 Manchester St. in Concord, will offer two buffets for the holiday. The breakfast buffet will be from 8 to 11:15 a.m. and feature traditional breakfast fare, egg lasagna, eggs Benedict, and an omelet station. The cost is $9.99 for adults and $6.99 for children. The dinner buffet is from 12 to 3:30 p.m. and serves roast leg of lamb, baked ham, fried chicken with a mushroom cream sauce, baked haddock with a lobster cream sauce, and a mini dessert buffet. The dinner buffet cost $18.99 for adults and $9.99 for children. Call 224-4101 for reservations.
• Richard’s Bistro, 36 Lowell St. in Manchester, 644-1180, www.richardsbistro.com, offers brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and dinner from 3 to 9 p.m. and will feature a roasted lamb dish at both meals. Call for reservations.
• The Saffron Bistro, 80 Main St. in Nashua will serve Easter dinner from 12 to 5 p.m. The restaurant will offer the regular menu as well as three or four additional menu items for the day. Call 883-2100 for a reservation.
• The Shaker Table at Canterbury Shaker Village in Canterbury will offer an Easter brunch from 10 a.m. to noon and a dinner from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The brunch costs $25 per person ($15 for children under 12) and includes a choice of entrees (lobster eggs Benedict, blacksmith shop roast beef has, grilled prime rib and eggs, Canterbury Smoke House sausage gravy and eggs, crème brulee French toast or roasted asparagus and goat cheese quiche) with a homemade cider doughnut, fresh fruit, home fries and dessert. The dinner costs $45 per person ($18 for children under 12) and includes a choice of entrees (roasted spring lamb, herb crusted loin of pork, prime rib of beef, roast of half a spring chicken, Long Island crispy duckling, baked stuff haddock, seafood pie or wild mushroom raviolis) a choice of soup or salad and fresh squash rolls with butter, a fire roasted seasonal vegetable, parslied red bliss potatoes, corn casserole and a dessert. See www.theshakertable.com for complete menus and call 783-4238 for reservations.
• Unums, 47 E. Pearl St. in Nashua, 821-6500, www.unums.com, will have a special Easter brunch from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• The Yard, 1211 S Mammoth Road in Manchester, 623-3545, www.theyardrestaurant.com, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., with seatings every hour for parties of up to six people and seatings every two hours for larger parties. The menu includes breakfast items served until about 2 p.m. and lunch and dinner items served all day as well as desserts. The cost is $19.95 for adults, $9.95 for kids under 10, free for kids under 3.