Dinner with your sweetheart
Valentine’s Day weekend menu specials abound
By Linda A. Thompson-Odum firstname.lastname@example.org
Make those Valentine’s Day reservations now.
Since the holiday falls on a Saturday (already a busy day for most restaurants), an early reservation will be a must. Luckily, some places are offering special meals all weekend long. Look for more special holiday meals and menus in next week’s Weekly Dish (and send those updated Valentine’s Day menu plans to email@example.com). Here are a few places that offer special menus for Feb. 14 (in many cases, the regular dinner menu will also be available).
• Colby Hill Inn (3 The Oaks, Henniker, 428-3281) will serve a special three-course dinner from Wednesday, Feb. 11, through Sunday, Feb. 15. Guests may choose from a selection of appetizers and entrees, which include dishes such as fennel creamed oysters, crispy tempura shrimp, grilled beef tenderloin, rosemary roasted breast of chicken, and butternut squash and herb risotto. Dessert will be a fireside chocolate fondue. The cost is $45 per person.
• The Bedford Village Inn (2 Olde Bedford Way, Bedford, 472-2001) has three romantic ways to enjoy dinner that evening. First, the dining room will serve a six-course prix fix dinner menu for $75 per person. For something a little less grand, the Tavern will offer a scaled-down version of the dining room menu for $55 per person. And the new Corks wine bar will feature a seven-course menu with paired wines for $105 per person. See the menus at www.bedfordvillageinn.com.
• Commercial Street Fishery (33 S. Commercial St., Manchester, 296-0706) will have a chef’s prix fix menu offered Friday, Feb. 13, through Sunday, Feb. 15. Couples can choose from an appetizer selection of lobster bisque, scallops and bacon, or classic Caesar salad, and entrees of seafood-stuffed Maine lobster or grilled bistro filet with lobster mashed potato. Dessert will be chocolate raspberry mousse. The cost is $100 per couple.
• Damian’s on the River (737 River Road (Rt. 13), New Boston, 497-8888) will have a special five-course wine dinner on Sunday, Feb. 15, with a menu especially for lovers. The evening will begin at 5:30 p.m. with an aperitif named “Love Potion Number Nine,” which includes Pearly Bay Celebration sparkling wine from South Africa plus cranberry juice and a raspberry. Each subsequent course will be paired with a wine selection. The cost is $69 per person.
• The Granite Restaurant and Bar in the Centennial Hotel (96 Pleasant St., Concord, 227-9000) has a special menu planned for Friday, Feb. 13, through Sunday, Feb. 15. The items offered include dishes such as white asparagus and goat cheese soup, tomato basil fettuccine, and truffle-studded lobster tail. Each menu item is priced separately. To see the entire menu, visit www.graniterestaurant.com.
• The Inn at Danbury’s Alphorn Bistro (67 NH Route 104 in Danbury, 768-3318) has two options for the romantic couple. First is a Valentine’s Day brunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., with romantic music preformed by Jim Hollis. The price is $17 per person. That evening the bistro will serve a three-course prix fixe dinner menu for $30 per person. There will also be a cheese fondue for two for $55 per couple (includes soup and salad) and a chocolate fondue for two for $10.50. Both fondues must be ordered in advance when making your reservation. The entire menu is at www.innatdanbury.com.
• Moe Joe’s Family Restaurant (2175 Candia Road, Manchester, 668-0131, www.eatatmoejoe.com) will offer a romantic dinner with a glass of red wine, stuffed fresh strawberries and music with Peter Moreno. Call for prices and reservations.
• The Peddler’s Daughter (48 Main St., Nashua, 821-7535, www.thepeddlersdaughter.com) is offering a three course menu with a bottle of wine for $30 per person.
• Saffron Bistro (80 Main St., Nashua, 883-2100, www.TheSaffronBistro.com) will offer a four-course meal at $60 per person with two seatings — 6 and 8:30 p.m. The meal will include a “Chocolate Three Ways” dessert made for two.